What is a local move?
We consider a local move to be any more that takes place within the state of New Jersey, or to or from one of the 5 counties surrounding the Philadelphia area and northeast Delaware. This is known as the Philadelphia commercial zone.
Every move is unique, and a local move may take a couple of hours or a couple of days. It depends on the size of the move and the services you have requested. When determining the cost of a local move there are a few factors that we consider.
- The time required to pack, load, and move your items
- The Number of men required to perform the move
- Travel time
- And any special requirements that are unique to your move!
At Transtar we are fully aware of the numerous factors involved in selecting a moving date, and that many of them are beyond your control. That is why we give great attention to our customers’ moving time requirements. Once you have a date set, we will perform your move within the requested time frame, making sure you have one less thing to worry about.
What is a long distance move?
A long distance move is a move that involves crossing state lines and has an origin or destination outside of the Philadelphia commercial zone.
While long distance moving can be a very stressful, Transtar Moving Systems will always strive to ease the stress and make your move as smooth as possible. Let our professional staff help you plan and execute your move properly in order to ensure that your relocation is an easy and rewarding experience.
What is an Estimate of Cost?
An estimate of cost is how much you should expect to pay for your move. Our estimates begin with the type of move you are performing: local or long distance.
- If the move is local, our estimator performs a walkthrough of your home, business, etc., and determines the size of your move, the number of movers needed, and the number of hours to perform the service. The estimator then provides you with a price.
- If the move is long distance, the estimator performs a walkthrough of your home, business, etc., and arrives at an estimated weight and miles from origin to destination and from that a price estimate is determined.
Other charges may be added in for packing, crating, cargo valuation, or any other additional services you may require.
For a free estimate, please take a moment to fill out our online estimate or call one of our professional relocation consultants at 800.648.7707.
How is the move price determined?
Costs are determined by the type of move being performed: local or long distance.
- Local moves are charged on an hourly basis depending on the number of men and trucks necessary to complete the move.
- Long distance moved are charged by weight and mileage because they cross state lines and are beyond the Philadelphia zone.
For an accurate estimate, or for additional information regarding your upcoming move, please feel free to fill out our Online Quote Request or call one of our professional relocation consultants at (856) 727-1060.
Can I get insurance to protect my belongings during the move?
When you move interstate with Transtar and the Arpin Van Line network, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing your belongings can be fully insured. And should you have a claim, it will be processed fairly, promptly, and professionally. Please note that we have provided a Local Move Claim Form and a Long Distance Move Claim Form under the Forms pull down above for your convenience.
For more information about our valuation policies and available coverage, please feel free to give us a call at (856) 727-1060 and we will be happy to provide details.