Your Guide to Living in Bucks County, PA
Bucks County is a suburb outside Philadelphia that provides a safe place for you and your family to move. Besides its rich history, it’s also earned a reputation for its diverse restaurants and fun attractions for residents of all ages to enjoy. Use this guide to discover information about moving companies in Bucks County, PA.
Should You Move to Lower Bucks County, PA?
Moving to lower Bucks County offers you a front-row seat into the culture, history and natural beauty of Pennsylvania. You can go on a hike with your loved ones or work off your stress with a night out. Check out these benefits of moving to Bucks County, PA, to find out if it’s the place for you and your family.
Location Benefits of Bucks County, PA
As a region in southeastern Pennsylvania, it’s within driving distance of several major cities, including Atlantic City and the Poconos. It’s a short, half-hour drive from Philadelphia. The towns within Bucks County boast of their safety and their tight-knit communities, and you will feel right at home amid these attractions and parks.
Things to Do in Bucks County, PA
Bucks County is home to diverse restaurants, shops and attractions, including Sesame Place. Explore the natural beauty of Pennsylvania through the parks and the vineyards of this beautiful area. You’ll find plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy, including the following.
- Wineries and vineyards: The Bucks County Wine Trail includes hundreds of acres that capture the natural beauty of this area along with the art of winemaking. Take a wine tour with your friends and taste the best vintages Bucks County has to offer.
- Peddler’s Village: This little section of New Hope has a wide selection of indoor and outdoor activities for people of all ages to enjoy.
- Historic sites and museums: At the Washington Crossing Historic Park, where George Washington crossed the Delaware River on his way to the battle of Trenton, the town reenacts this moment in history every year. The Bucks County Children’s Museum in New Hope is also a fun place for the kids to learn.
- Restaurants: Bucks County offers a diverse selection of restaurants in each town, from barbecue to Thai. You could also support your local farmers and enjoy fresh, seasonal food through farmers’ markets.
Demographics in Bucks County, PA
Here is a snapshot of the people in this suburb of Philadelphia.
- Population: As of 2019, the total population is 628,270.
- Socioeconomic status: As of 2018, the median household income is $86,055. Out of the total population, 5.7% of people live in poverty.
- Job opportunities: The most common industries are office and administrative support, management and sales.
- Commuters: Out of the total population, 82.7% drive alone, 6.43% work from home and 5.81% carpool. The average commute time is 29 minutes.
- Race: The most prominent race in this region is Caucasian at 88.4%, followed by Hispanic at 5.5%, Asian at 5.1% and Black or African American at 4.4%.
- Sex: Women make up 50.9% of the population, so they slightly outnumber the male population.
- Age: The majority of the people here are between the ages of 18 and 65.
Top Reasons to Move to Bucks County, PA
Bucks County, PA, is one of the best places to live near Philadelphia. It has a central location, no more than two hours away from popular cities such as New York City and Harrisburg. Why else might you like living here?
- Weather: The weather is pretty mild, with temperatures ranging from 38 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter and 80 to 85 in the summer.
- Cost of living: The median value of a home is $338,500. You can find a comfortable home for that price to get you to your job in Philadelphia within a half-hour.
- Homes for sale: More than two-thirds of the population own their homes, while some apartments are available for rent. You could find single-family homes, multi-family homes and even plots of land within your budget.
- School districts: The educational institutions here provide art and athletics to enhance the well-being of their students. Along with public schools, there are several private schools for families to consider, from daycare to high school and beyond.
Work With the Best Team to Move to or From Bucks County, PA
Transtar Moving Systems is a trustworthy moving company around Bucks County because of our knowledge of the Philadelphia area. Our movers in Bucks County, PA, will help you with the entire process, from planning the move to carrying your valuables into your new home. We promise to take care of your belongings, but if you’re not satisfied with our services, we’ll discuss ways to earn your trust again.
Why People Choose Transtar as Their Moving Company in Bucks County, PA
If you’re researching movers near Bucks County, PA, our trusted partnerships can attest to our professionalism and quality of service. We are a full-service moving company in Bucks County, helping you move from start to finish. As a family-owned company, we take a personal interest in each of our customers.
At Transtar Moving Systems, we have licensure in Pennsylvania and New Jersey to take care of your moving needs. Our team of professionals will help you navigate when to plan your move and how to pack all your precious valuables.
How Our Moving Services Work
As Bucks County movers, we know the area well, and we will answer any questions you may have. When you contact us to tell us about your moving needs, we will come by for a free in-home assessment. We will then generate a competitive estimate for your move, putting you on our calendar and walking you through the process until you move to your new home.
Besides local moving, we also offer the following services to help you move, no matter where your journey started.
- Interstate moving: Moving to Pennsylvania has its benefits, but relocating from another state can be stressful without help. Our team at Transtar Moving Systems has decades of experience to prove that we will make the process of interstate moving much easier for you.
- Packing: One of the most stressful parts of moving is figuring out how to pack. We’ll pack your valuables for you into our moving trucks in Bucks County, PA. Along with our packing services, we even provide packing materials for you, so you don’t have to worry about damaging or losing your treasured possessions.
- Storage: If you’re between your two properties, we offer storage services to keep your belongings safe.
Transtar Moving Systems Is the Company You Can Rely on for Your Bucks County Move
Whether you’re moving from another town or another state, we’re here to help. Our award-winning team has been serving Pennsylvania and New Jersey for several decades. As a family-owned company, we strive to uphold these values for our customers:
- Trusted partnerships
- Raving fans
- Community service
- Award-winning service
Contact Us Today to Get Started on Your Bucks County, PA, Move With Transtar
If you’re ready to start your move to Bucks County, PA, reach out to our trustworthy team at Transtar Moving Systems. Fill out a contact form online or call 855-720-7833 for more information about a free in-home estimate.